EST3 is a modular control platform uniquely designed to meet the needs of applications ranging from standalone single panel fire alarm systems to multi-panel networks with unified fire alarm, security, and Mass Notification functions. Each function uses many of the same components, simplifying system layouts.
Virtually all EST3 operating features are software-controlled. A powerful System Definition Utility program helps define system operations in a fraction of the time required by previous methods. This gives EST3 great site flexibility and ensures operational changes and upgrades will be possible years after the initial installation.
EST3 is uniquely designed to meet the life safety needs of any size facility. The function of each panel can be customized by using an extensive selection of plug and play local rail modules.
With support for 64 nodes of up to 2,500 devices each, this network’s multi-priority peer-to-peer token ring protocol delivers a fast alarm response time across any size network. Add to that the ability to network panels with fiber or copper connections with an overall length of 160000 ft – that’s 30 miles – and you’ve got virtually unlimited networking options.
- Listed for Mass Notification/Emergency Communication, Fire, Security, and Emergency Voice Alarm
- 168-character LCD
- Exceptional alarm response times
- Network supports copper, multi-mode fiber, single-mode fiber, or a combination of all three
- Total network wiring over 160,000 feet
- Eight channels of multiplexed digital audio on a single pair of wires or fiber filiment
- Zoned, distributed and banked audio amplifier options
- Local, Proprietary, and Central Station system operations
- In retrofit applications, existing wiring may be used if code compliant
- Supports Edwards Signature Series detectors and modules
- Designed in accordance with ISO-9000 quality standards
- UL864 Ninth Edition Listed
- UL2572 Listed for Mass Notification
- Optional earthquake hardening: OSHPD seismic pre-approval for component Importance Factor 1.5