Accounts Payable Specialist – Centereach, NY
Fire Alarm / Security Company is seeking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to provide accounting, financial, and AP Process services to their Accounting/Finance department. This is a great opportunity for a full-time position with a great company. Come grow with us!
Skills, Knowledgeable, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of AP processes and procedures.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- ERP systems experience highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and follow through skills.
- Ability to multitask in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Ability to complete assignments on time and with high degree of accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to work efficiently and proactively with other employees within the department.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skill.
- Effectively manage all Accounts Payable duties and processes for the company.
- Work closely with management identifying, resolving, and mitigating AP issues and concerns.
- Develop close customer partnerships with vendors and business unit invoice approvers.
- Manager 1099 reporting and maintenance.
- Provide General Accounting support including assisting with month-end close procedures, including but not limited to accruals.
- Account analysis and reconciliations.
- Optimize department processes, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in special projects, as necessary.
- 3-5 years’ progressive experience in a high volume, fast-paced accounts payable setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
We offer market compensation, multiple health plan options, dental, vision plans, and Paid Time off. Other great benefits include, paid sick time, paid holidays, 401k, end of year bonuses, company events, paid training and much more!
We believe we have a unique culture and it’s something we really pride ourselves on. While we work hard, we understand the importance of recognition and fun! Throughout the year we host exciting, team building quarterly events to celebrate you and all your hard work! Along with our events, we contribute to different charities, and have a company running group, who participates in 5k’s and marathons.